DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Drug Discovery Technologies – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Drug Discovery Technologies Market to Reach $80.2 Billion by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Drug Discovery Technologies estimated at US$53.3 Billion in the year 2021, is projected to reach a revised size of US$80.2 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.1% over the analysis period.
Several techniques like RNA and nanotechnology interference are being utilized for drug discovery, in turn generating opportunities for the manufacturers of drug discovery technology in new segments. The COVID-19 pandemic caused a temporary break in drug discovery clinical trials of many diseases because the researchers, healthcare sector, and academia concentrated on stopping the spread of coronavirus.
However, the pandemic`s impact led to the invention and adoption of new working ways, which paved a path for future clinical trials. Clinical trial physicians and sponsors are highly flexible in administering virtual study and acquiring the study data remotely utilizing modern medical wearables.
The new advancements are simplifying the complicated procedures and overcoming the lack of required onsite professionals. The drug discovery market is anticipated to gain an advantage by adopting technological advancements together with the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors.
Small Molecule Drugs, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 7.8% CAGR to reach US$60.2 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Biologics segment is readjusted to a revised 8.8% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 23.9% share of the global Drug Discovery Technologies market.
Growth in the market is majorly driven by the growing geriatric population worldwide and people above 60 years of age are highly susceptible to chronic illnesses. The efficient drug demand from increasing affluent patients is yet another factor propelling the drug discovery global market.
Furthermore, the advancements in molecular biology, biotechnology, genomics, and nanotechnology paved a path for increasing investments in drug discovery. Additionally, many blockbuster drugs` patent expiries are anticipated to make a profitable market for the existent players.
Healthcare organizations worldwide are seeking drug discovery opportunities, which have been previously done using active ingredient identification from conventional remedies. It is important to discover advanced, efficient, and new drugs to fight illnesses, as there is an increase in many life-threatening illnesses and the inception of various health-related problems.
The drug discovery recently has evolved significantly with technologies like NMR, mass spectrometry, chemotherapy, microplate readers, RANi, proteomics, gel electrophoresis, microfluidics, nucleic acid and protein isolation, nanotechnology, and protein and DNA microarrays. Thus, drug discovery process has become highly accurate, more refined, and less time-consuming.
Pharmaceutical organizations that are new, too, have the opportunity to launch into the drug discovery global market through generics. Pharmaceutical companies are primarily focusing on the technologies of drug development because drug discovery has a critical role to play in the cycle of drug development.
However, drug development and discovery require a colossal investment and are time taking, which causes low-profit margins for pharmaceuticals. Pharmaceutical manufacturers generally face an increase in expiring patents of developed drugs, intensifying the negative impact of the research cycle`s long duration. HTS or high-throughput screening is an extensively utilized drug discovery technology, using which a huge quantity of possible biological modulators are analyzed against a defined target set.
HTS technology allows biologically relevant compounds` rapid portfolio building and HTS technological advancements like multidetector readers, reliable automation, pattern and database recognition software, and imaging software and hardware are anticipated to lead the HTS technology usage.
Drug discovery technologies have a huge role to play in the pharmaceutical sector`s overall growth, as the technologies immensely contribute to the innovative and blockbuster drugs` easy initiation. Diverse illnesses like CVD, cancer, and CNS disorders like Alzheimer`s and Parkinson`s generated adequate opportunities in the drug discovery technologies market.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- A Prelude to Drug Discovery Technologies
- Impact of Pandemic on Drug Discovery Market
- Global Market Analysis and Prospects
- Global Drug Discovery Technologies Market Set to Witness Rapid Growth
- Regional Market Analysis
- Market Analysis based on Application
- Market Analysis based on End-User
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 129 Featured)
- Affymetrix Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Curia Global, Inc.
- Astrazeneca plc
- Bayer Healthcare AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories International Inc.
- Evotec Ag
- GYROS PROTEIN TECHNOLOGIES AB
- Illumina, Inc.
- Luminex Corporation
- Merck KGaA
- Molecular Discovery Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Late-Stage Drug Failures Drives Demand for Drug Discovery Technologies
- Factors Leading to Failure of Drugs in Phase III Clinical Trials
- Cell-based Assays Play a Critical Role in Drug Discovery
- Major Types of Cell-Based HTS Assays for Drug Screening
- High-Content Screening (HCS) – An Expanding Technology in Cell-Based Assays
- High Content Screening – Key Application Areas
- Technology Advances in Drug Discovery Processes
- Increased Demand of Biochips in Drug Discovery to Drive Market Growth
- Increased Demand for Personalized Medicine to Drive Drug Discovery Technologies Market
- Proteomics and Genomics Drive Opportunities for Drug Discovery Technologies
- Proteomics Profiling to Expedite Drug Discovery
- Other Applications of Proteomics in Drug Discovery
- New Proteomics Technique to Aid Drug Screening & Biomarker Discovery
- Proteomic Approaches Gain Prominence in Cancer Drug Discovery
- Proteomics Technologies Used in Cancer Drug Discovery and Development
- Role of Proteomics in Oncology Biomarker Discovery
- Gaining Insights into COVID-19 & Drug Discovery with Proteomics
- Bioinformatics Tools along with Proteomics Accelerate the Process of Pathway Prediction
- Using AI in Drug Discovery: The Latest Market Research
- High-throughput Screening (HTS) – A Key Drug Discovery Technology
- HTS: Making Use of a Smarter Approach to Hit Discovery
- Emerging Technologies in Drug Discovery and Development
- Targeted Drug Development and Discovery
- Significance of Advanced Clinical Sequencing for Drug Developers
- Metabolomics: An Emerging Trend in Drug Discovery
- Impact of ADME-Tox Screening on New Drug Discovery
- Phase-I Clinical Trial Failures Before and After the Advent of Preclinical ADME/Pharmacokinetics
- Pharma Industry Renews Focus on Cost Optimization
- China and India: Hot Spots for R&D Investment
- Omics Technology to Witness Rapid Growth
- Adoption of Omics-based Technologies
- Increasing Demand for 3D Cell Culture in Drug Discovery
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bk7gwc
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900