DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Metal Sputtering Target Material Market, by Type, by Application, Estimation & Forecast, 2017-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global metal sputtering target material market is valued at $3153.9 million in 2021 and is projected to generate sales revenue of $5472.7 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 6.56% during the forecast period, 2022-2030.
- Plansee SE
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting
- Hitachi Metals
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Materion (Heraeus)
- GRIKIN Advanced Material Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Jiangfeng
- Fujian Acetron New Materials Co., Ltd
- Changzhou Sujing Electronic Material
- Luoyang Sifon Electronic Materials
- FURAYA Metals Co., Ltd
- Angstrom Sciences
- Umicore Thin Film Products
The global metal sputtering target market volume was pegged at 1,39,214 metric tons in 2021 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.19% in the years to come.
From the last few years, there has been a growing demand for metal sputtering target material, as it is a fast and clean process for producing thin films. Metal sputtering also offers attractive options for synthesis of high-quality films with tailored properties. Wherein, Copper is one of the most commonly used metals for sputtering targets, due to its high electrical conductivity and ability to form very small defects. Materials used for sputtering can include plastics and other polymers, zinc, aluminum, magnesium, and tin.
Investments in metal sputtering technology are booming, as materials scientists and engineers explore new ways to produce fine, high-quality texture films and particles. One such material is nickel-titanium alloy (NiTi), which has exceptional mechanical properties and can be used to fabricate aircraft parts, among other applications.
In today’s market, there are many factors driving demand for metal sputtering target material. Some of the key drivers of demand include the increasing popularity of 3D printing, the need for customized materials, and the demands of research and development. In addition to this, rapid expansion of the semiconductor and MEMS industries, the increasing popularity of nanoscience and nanotechnology research, and the increased importance of metal-air plasma deposition (MAPD) for production of thin films are driving the global metal sputtering target material market growth.
Market Dynamics of Global Sputtering Target Material Market
- Ever-growing semiconductor industry is one of the main drivers of demand for metal sputtering targets. As of 2021, the global semiconductor market is valued at over $526.8 billion and is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 13.3% in the years to come. As a result, there is a high demand among semiconductor manufacturers for an ultra-pure, highly homogeneous film on their wafers, and sputtering is one of the most effective ways to achieve this. Wherein, metal sputtering targets are often used to create these films.
- Growing demand for metal sputtering target materials in solar cells and other energy applications. In order to be efficient, solar cells need to have a very smooth surface with few defects. Sputter deposition is an ideal way to create such a surface, and so metal sputter targets are in high demand for this application.
- The optical properties of thin films created by sputter deposition can be superior to those of thicker films deposited by other methods, making metal sputter targets increasingly attractive for optoelectronic applications such as light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
Metal sputtering is a chemical vapor deposition process that uses metal atoms to create thin films and Nanostructures. Metal sputtering is an expensive technique and there are many factors that restrain the demand for metal sputtering.
The following are the top 5 factors that restrain the demand for metal sputtering target material market:
- High capital outlay requirements
- Specialty needs for different materials
- Technical limitations
- Cost of consumables
- Easily availability of counterfeit products supply
Key Questions Answered:
- What is the market size and forecast of the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market?
- What are the inhibiting factors and impact of COVID-19 on the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market during the assessment period?
- Which are the products/segments/applications/areas to invest in over the assessment period in the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market?
- What is the competitive strategic window for opportunities in the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market?
- What are the technology trends and regulatory frameworks in the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market?
- What is the market share of the leading players in the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market?
- What modes and strategic moves are considered favorable for entering the Global Metal Sputtering Target Materials Market?
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Market Definition and Research Methodology
Part 2 Executive Summary
Part 3 Market Dynamics
Part 4 Industry Analysis
Part 5 Companies
Part 6 Global Metal Sputtering Target Material Market
Part 7 North America Metal Sputtering Target Material Market
Part 7 Europe Metal Sputtering Target Material Market
Part 7 Asia-Pacific Metal Sputtering Target Material Market
Part 7 Latin America Metal Sputtering Target Material Market
Part 7 Middle East & Africa Metal Sputtering Target Material Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8tbtqn
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900