DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Super-resolution Microscopes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Technology (STED Microscopy, STORM), by Application (Life Science, Nanotechnology), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global super-resolution microscopes market size is expected to reach USD 6.6 billion by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.01% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing application in cell biology and biomedical imaging is a key factor expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Governments all over the world are supporting R&D for innovative technology, majorly nanotechnology research to help build improved nanoimaging technology-based super-resolution microscopes. The National Institutes of Health in the U.S. established a trans-NH bioengineering nanotechnology program to solicit grant applications for biomedical nanotechnologies. The U.K. government spent EUR 81 million (USD 105 million) on the development of advanced 3D imaging technology in February 2020.
Super-resolution Microscopes Market Report Highlights
- In 2021, the life science application segment accounted for the largest revenue share as super-resolution microscopes are used in place of electron microscopes as they allow researchers to image biological specimens more precisely.
- Based on technology, STED microscopy held the largest revenue share in 2021 due to its ability to deliver diffraction-unlimited images, with no need for further computational processing.
- The nanotechnology application segment is projected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to key players launching new products based on nanotechnology. For instance, in October 2020, Bruker Corporation released Vutara VXL, its super-resolution microscope, which is a biological workstation for research on proteins, DNA, RNA, and other biomolecules for nanoscale imaging.
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2021. Increasing research activities in different segments of life science and nanotechnology and initiatives taken by the government in past years, where research funding agencies encouraged researchers to adopt super-resolution microscopes, are expected to drive the regional market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. High product sales in countries like China and the growing interest of photonics companies and venture capitalists in the field of electronics and life sciences are the factors driving the regional market.
- The market is technology-driven and therefore, manufacturers engage in rigorous R&D to develop new and advanced products, which cater to the changing needs of healthcare and other industries.
- Rising R&D expenditure catering to emerging application areas
- Increasing demand for super-resolution in cell & microbiology and technological advancement
- Increasing demand for nanotechnology-based research
- High cost of super-resolution microscopes impeding market penetration
- Complexities associated with the operations
- Reduction in production & stock during the pandemic
- Increasing application of microscopes in life sciences
- Growing government support
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Super-Resolution Microscopes Market: Technology Analysis
Chapter 5 Super-Resolution Microscopes Market: Application Analysis
Chapter 6 Super-Resolution Microscopes Market: Regional Analysis
Chapter 7 Competitive Analysis
Chapter 8 KOL Commentary & Recommendations
- Applied Precision (GE Healthcare)
- Nikon Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
- Leica Microsystem (Danaher Corporation)
- Bruker Corporation
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jhlwrb
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900