DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Medical Adhesives and Sealants – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Medical Adhesives and Sealants estimated at US$10.3 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$15.2 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Acrylic, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 4.7% CAGR and reach US$4.5 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Silicone segment is readjusted to a revised 5% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $3.5 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 7.7% CAGR
The Medical Adhesives and Sealants market in the U.S. is estimated at US$3.5 Billion in the year 2020. China, the world`s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$1.6 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 7.7% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 4.7% and 5% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 5.2% CAGR.
Cyanoacrylate Segment to Record 6.8% CAGR
In the global Cyanoacrylate segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 6.6% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$340.9 Million in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$533.2 Million by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$1.4 Billion by the year 2027, while Latin America will expand at a 7.7% CAGR through the analysis period.
Select Competitors (Total 46 Featured) –
- 3M Company
- Adhesives Research, Inc.
- Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc
- Advanced Medical Solutions Israel (Sealantis) Ltd
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- CryoLife, Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona Inc.
- Tricol Biomedical, Inc.
- Integra Life Sciences Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson/Ethicon
- Kerr Corporation
- Medtronic Plc
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Vivostat A/S
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- With Routine Healthcare Care Disrupted, Surgical & Non-Surgical Uses of Medical Adhesives & Sealants Suffer a Temporary Setback
- Impact on Dentistry Market
- An Introduction to Medical Adhesives and Sealants
- Synthetic Medical Adhesives Vs. Natural Medical Adhesives
- Medical Adhesives Vs. Industrial Grade Adhesives
- Current Market Scenario and Outlook
- Market Constraints and Challenges
- Regional Analysis
- Analysis by Product Segment
- Analysis by Technology Type
- Recent Market Activity
- World Brands
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Rise in Surgical Procedure Volumes Drive Growth
- Utility of Adhesives & Sealants in Select Surgical Procedures: A Snapshot
- Select Sealant Materials & their Applications in Surgical Applications
- Rise in Preference for Minimally Invasive Procedures Augurs Well for Market Growth
- Elastic Adhesives to Resolve Challenges in Lung & Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures
- Conventional Intracutaneous Sutures & Staples Lose Relevance Amid Surgical Procedure Innovation
- Surgical Adhesives Evolve Rapidly in terms of Functionality & Efficiency
- Hemostatic Agents Gain Application to Control Blood Leakage
- Growing Prominence of Adhesive Dentistry Drives Growth of Dental Adhesives & Sealants
- Dental Sealants Evolve to Address the Need for Less Complex Solutions
- Progress in Adhesive Dentistry
- Robust Dental Tissue Bonding Agents Come to the Fore for Dental Reconstruction
- Wound Management: A High Growth Area
- Adhesive Bandages Explore Novel Design Variations
- Shift to Value-Based Healthcare Spurs Opportunities for High Value Adhesives & Sealants for Medical Devices
- Focus on Infection Control Drives Interest in Sterilization Resistant Adhesives
- Huge Unmet Needs Open Opportunities for Biodegradable, Biocompatible & Elastic Sealants
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Gain Significance in Medical Applications
- Wearable Medical Devices: An Exciting Market Opportunity
- Impact of Healthcare Expenditure on Market Growth
- Demographic Shifts & Societal Changes Drive Demand Greater Clinical Care
- Regulatory Concerns for Medical Adhesives and Sealants
- Select Product Developments
- Other Developments
- Nanotechnology in Incision Closures
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u2ctfp
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900