DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “High-Barrier Packaging Film Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The High-Barrier Packaging Film market was valued at USD 9.41 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 12.81 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026.
The increasing demand for meat consumption globally is propelling the demand for polyethylene a high-performing film.
Moreover, pharmaceuticals sector poses a different set of demands for the packaging solutions, regarding insulation from external surroundings, high levels of protection, cost-effectiveness, and ease of handling. Thus, blister base high packaging films are widely used because these films do not allow the exchange of gases across the packaging and control the temperature within the package, thereby augmenting the market.
However, due to volatile raw material prices and stringent government regulations in certain end-user industries are limiting the adoption of high-barrier packaging film market.
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceuticals Sector is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- As the primary packaging materials are plastic because it protects the pharmaceutical product against oxygen and odor, water vapor transmission, moisture, contamination, and bacteria. These properties make polypropylene material a good choice for high barrier blister packaging. Polypropylene high-barrier films have a high melting point makes it suitable for boilable packages and for sterilizable products.
- Moreover, products packed in thermoforming films have higher product visibility because without compromising with the barrier properties of the packaging. These films are puncture resistance which enables manufacturers to use their products for packaging and can also help in easy transportation.
- For instance, Aptar Group provides Activ Blister packaging. The company uses silica gel and molecular sieve technology. The outfitted blisters can absorb tailored amounts of water vapor, oxygen, or a combination of the two, and can be produced in shapes and sizes to accommodate any tablet and capsule size. Aptar CSP Technologies developed Activ-Blister solutions that control the internal atmosphere of existing individual blister cavities, allowing for improved product performance and enhanced shelf-life.
- Additionally, increasing the demand for high-quality pharmaceutical packaging, hence stimulating the demand for bags & pouches packaging, as it protects the product against all the external influences, such as moisture, light, biological contamination, gases, and mechanical damage, which may affect its quality or effectiveness.
- Further, the manufacturers are also required to stringently follow ISO standards, such as the ISO 9001 quality management certifications to meet the demands of the customers. Therefore, high barriers films are more suitable for pharmaceuticals packaging, thereby augmenting the market.
The high-barrier packaging film market is concentrated in nature because of the presence of many global players such as Amcor Plc, Glenroy, Inc., Celplast Metallized Products Limited, and Berry Global Group Inc.
These players face stiff competition from the regional players in different countries as well. Companies are investing a large amount of their resources and money in the R&D to innovate new products meeting with the environment and government compliance.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.4 Market Restraints
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Packaging Product
5.1.1 Bags & Pouches
5.1.2 Stretch & Shrink Wrap Film
5.1.3 Tray Lidding Film
5.1.4 Stand-up Pouches
5.1.5 Thermoforming Films
5.1.6 Blister base Film
5.2 By Material
5.2.4 Polyvinyl Chloride
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.1 Food & Pet Food
5.3.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
5.3.5 Other End-users
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Key Packaging Film Supplier Profiles
22.214.171.124 Amcor Plc
126.96.36.199 Glenroy, Inc
188.8.131.52 Mondi Group plc
184.108.40.206 Berry Global Group Inc
220.127.116.11 Huhtamaki Oyj
18.104.22.168 Sealed Air Corporation
22.214.171.124 Celplast Metallized Products Limited
126.96.36.199 Uflex Ltd
188.8.131.52 Plastissimo Film Co., Ltd
184.108.40.206 Wipak Oy ( Wihuri Oy)
220.127.116.11 Polyplex Corporation Limited
6.1.2 Key Resin Manufacturer Profiles
18.104.22.168 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Group
22.214.171.124 Dow Chemical Company ( Dow Inc.)
126.96.36.199 LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
188.8.131.52 BASF SE
184.108.40.206 LG Chem Ltd ( LG Corp)
220.127.116.11 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
18.104.22.168 Eni S.p.A.
22.214.171.124 Lanxess Aktiengesellschaft
6.2 Key End-user base Manufacturer Profiles
6.2.1 Food & Pet Food
126.96.36.199 Nestle S.A
188.8.131.52 Mars, Incorporated
184.108.40.206 Mondelez International, Inc.,
220.127.116.11 General Mills, Inc.
18.104.22.168 Berwind Corporation
22.214.171.124 Mother Dairy
126.96.36.199 Drums Food International Pvt. Ltd.
6.2.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
188.8.131.52 ACG Group
184.108.40.206 Bayer AG
220.127.116.11 Cipla Limited
18.104.22.168 Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
22.214.171.124 Indoco Remedies
126.96.36.199 Bayer CropScience
188.8.131.52 PI Industries
184.108.40.206 Sharda Cropchem Limited
220.127.116.11 Dhanuka Agritech Ltd
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/v52jc4
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900