DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Contract Research Outsourcing – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Contract Research Outsourcing Market to Reach $67.1 Billion by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Contract Research Outsourcing, estimated at US$49.8 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$67.1 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7% over the analysis period.
Growth in the global market is being driven by multiple factors, one of the most important being the increasing number of drugs being developed, which has almost doubled over the past 10 years. The emergence of new therapeutic modalities, drug discoveries, coupled with the increase in number of biotech companies and the advent of novel biological drugs, are the other growth drivers.
Patent expiries of major drugs worth around $200 billion during the next five years and rising competition from generic drugs is enabling companies to increasingly turn to outsourcing of R&D so as to remain competitive and profitable. Demand for CRO services is forecast to increase with mounting pressure on pharma and biotech companies to lower costs and augment productivity.
Technological advancements in recent times, such as data mining, artificial intelligence, digital health, big data technologies, and data-driven diagnostics are giving a boost to market growth. Further, the rising focus on personalized medicine is enabling pharma companies to strategize their research pipelines.
Clinical, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 7.4% CAGR to reach US$48.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Discovery segment is readjusted to a revised 6% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
This segment currently accounts for a 15% share of the global Contract Research Outsourcing market. Drug discovery represents a key service offered by CROs. Under drug discovery services, the CROs focus on offering highly efficient and well considered scientific solutions to facilitate various drug discovery programs against a broad array of drug targets.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $20.1 Billion in 2022, While China is Forecast to Reach $3.8 Billion by 2026
The Contract Research Outsourcing market in the U.S. is estimated at US$20.1 Billion in the year 2022. The country currently accounts for a 40.41% share in the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$3.8 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 9.3% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 6.1% and 6.2% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 6.7% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$4.2 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
Robust growth in the US market is attributed to high quality standards within the pharmaceutical sector, a spurt in clinical trials, robust growth posted by the biologics and biosimilars markets, and increasing focus of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical firms to embrace outsourcing services. The region boasts of the highest number of clinical trials – undertaken as well as outsourced in the world. There is also enormous support to the market from the federal government.
The region`s strong position is also attributed to the presence of various industries that make huge investments in R&D activities. Growth in the Asia-Pacific region is supported by a rapidly expanding pharmaceutical industry, low cost of clinical trials, supportive government policies, and increasing efforts by pharmaceutical companies to set up new manufacturing facilities.
Pre-Clinical Segment to Reach $8.8 Million by 2026
To increase the likelihood of a drug candidate`s success during regulatory process, CROs offer services such as pre-clinical services. Pre-clinical R&D outsourcing allows players to purchase molecules during the latter stages of drug development for mitigating risks. In the global Pre-Clinical segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 6.5% CAGR estimated for this segment.
These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$5.3 Billion will reach a projected size of US$8.2 Billion by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$769.2 Million by the year 2026.
What`s New for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to the digital archives
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- COVID-19 Delivers Mixed Results for Pharmaceutical Research Outsourcing Industry
- Players Focus on Collaborative Approach
- Optimism Reigns in Latter Part of 2020
- COVID-19 and Implications for Drug Development Regulations & Processes
- Opportunities in COVID-19 Programs
- Parallel Gains for Development & Manufacturing
- Global Key Competitors Percentage Market Share in 2022 (E)
- Key Service Markets
- Market Dynamics
- Key Therapeutic Areas of Clinical Trial Research
- Cost Savings Hold Relevance
- Product Innovations & Enhanced Speed
- Access to Expertise & Sophisticated Technology
- Regional Market Analysis
- Future Model of CRO
- COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- CRO: A Highly Fragmented Market
- Partnership Models Pay Returns
- Strategies and Tactical Programs
- Large CROs Seek the Inorganic Growth Route
- Key Opportunities for CROs
- Technological Superiority: An Advantage
- Consolidation to Gain Pace
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 152 Featured)
- Albany Molecular Research, Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Covance Clinical Biotech
- ICON plc
- IQVIA Inc
- Jubilant Biosys Ltd.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Olon Ricerca Bioscience
- PAREXEL International Corp.
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC.
- PRA Health Sciences, Inc.
- Sygnature Discovery Limited
- Syneos Health
- WuXi AppTec
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Uptrend in Advanced Medicine Concepts Favors Growth
- Drug Developers Bet on CROs to Sail through Challenging Aspects
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Firms Target Outsourcing
- Gene Therapy Offers Exciting Opportunities for CROs
- COVID-19 Creates a Pause in Gene Therapy Market Growth
- Gene Therapy Set to Witness Rapid Growth Post COVID-19
- Increasing Significance of Biologic Drugs Supports Market Demand
- COVID-19 Drives Strong Gains for Biologics Activity
- Opportunities Rife in Early Stage Drug Development
- Notable Trends in Pharma/Biopharma R&D Impacting CROs
- Advances in Digital/Technology and its Impact on Clinical Development
- Significant Strides Taken in the Sphere of Current Clinical Research
- Data Quality Oversight (DQO) Undergoes Change
- Pharmacovigilance Set to Grow
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Gain Interest
- Orphan Drugs to the Fore
- CROs Adapt New Technologies to See More Business in Future
- Streamlining Development of Novel Trial Designs
- Industry Witnesses Increased Spend on R&D Outsourcing
- Focus on Enhancing Site Selection and Patient Enrollment
- CROs Enter into Alliances to Improve Efficiencies
- Adoption of Digital Technologies Gains Pace
- Toxicology Services Gain Notable Attention
- Pharma Companies Enter into Licensing Agreements with Biotech Companies for New Drug Discovery
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Trends to Support CRO Penetration
- eClinical Solutions Gain Traction
- Other Noteworthy Market Trends
- Challenges Faced by Contract Research Organizations
- Surging Global Population Offers Increased Growth Opportunities
- Aging Population & Increasing Burden of Chronic Diseases Spurs Pharma Product Sales, Driving Market Growth
- Fatalities by Heart Conditions: Estimated Percentage Breakdown for Cardiovascular Disease, Ischemic Heart Disease, Stroke, and Others
- Increasing Healthcare Expenditure and Demand for Generics to Drive Growth
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xebhyp
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900