Solana the ‘most popular Blockchain ecosystem’ in 2024 so far
Ethereum’s (ETH) leading challenger is dominating global investor interest among blockchains examined by crypto data aggregator CoinGecko.
According to CoinGecko, smart contract platform Solana (SOL) is by far this year’s top blockchain based on an analysis of the web traffic shares of 58 blockchain ecosystems from January 1st to March 18, 2024.
“The Solana ecosystem has emerged as the most popular blockchain ecosystem so far this year, accounting for 49.3% of global crypto investor interest in chain-specific narratives.”
From trading at a low of $101.48 on January 1st, SOL peaked at $209.86 this month. The asset is currently changing hands for $178.77.
CoinGecko says SOL’s rally back to the 2021 highs and the strong performance of key ecosystem project tokens, such as the asset of oracle network Pyth Network (PYTH) and the memecoin dogwifhat (WIF) fuel Solana’s lead.
Ethereum ranks as the second most popular blockchain with 12.73% of investor interest share. The top smart contract platform is followed by crypto exchange Binance’s BNB Smart Chain ecosystem with 5.4%.
“Overall, the 20 most popular blockchain ecosystems represent a combined 97.4% of investor interest towards chain-specific narratives. The remaining 2.6% of interest is spread across another 38 blockchain ecosystems, including the Near Protocol ecosystem which narrowly missed the top 20 ranking.”




Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here