DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Healthcare Distribution – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Healthcare Distribution Market to Reach US$3.2 Trillion by the Year 2027
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Healthcare Distribution estimated at US$876.2 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$3.2 Trillion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 20.2% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Pharmaceutical, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 19.9% CAGR to reach US$1.3 Trillion by the end of the analysis period.
After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Biopharmaceutical segment is readjusted to a revised 22.4% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 33.7% share of the global Healthcare Distribution market.
The U.S. Accounts for Over 34.8% of Global Market Size in 2020, While China is Forecast to Grow at a 22.2% CAGR for the Period of 2020-2027
The Healthcare Distribution market in the U.S. is estimated at US$305 Billion in the year 2020. The country currently accounts for a 34.81% share in the global market. China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$561.3 Billion in the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 22.2% through 2027. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 18.1% and 18.5% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 20.5% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$561.3 Billion by the year 2027.
Medical Devices Segment Corners a 24% Share in 2020
In the global Medical Devices segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 17.1% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$169.4 Billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$510.1 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$398.3 Billion by the year 2027, while Latin America will expand at a 17.4% CAGR through the analysis period.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- The Race Between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies. Amidst this Chaotic Battle, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021?
- Progress on Vaccinations, Why Should Businesses Care?
- These are Times When Questions Abound & Answers Are Few
- With IMF’s Upward Revision of Global GDP Forecasts for 2021, Most Companies Are Bullish About a Global Economic Comeback.
- A Retrospective Review of Year 2020 as the Worst Year in Humanity’s History that Left the World in Shambles & Industries and Markets Upended
- How the Healthcare Industry Has & Continues to be Impacted by the Pandemic & What’s the New Normal?
- The Biggest & Worst Ever Public Health Crisis in Human History Creates a Mixed Bag of Challenges & Opportunities for the Healthcare Industry
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories Work Overtime to Manage Giant Waves of COVID Infection Testing Flowing In
- The Pandemic Triggers Shift in Consumer Behaviour & Engagement With Healthcare Technologies & Services
- Healthcare Industry Pushed to Adopt Digital Technologies & Innovate to Save Lives Amid the Crisis
- How COVID-19 Outbreak Sent the Healthcare Supply Chain Into a Tailspin
- Healthcare Supply Chain Management Storms Into the Spotlight to Address Disruptions Posed by the Crisis
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 61 Featured)
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation
- Attain Med, Inc.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Curascript Specialty Distribution
- Dakota Drug
- FFF Enterprises, Inc.
- Henry Schein Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- Medline Industries
- Morris & Dickson Co., L.L.C.
- Mutual Drug
- Owens & Minor, Inc.
- Patterson Companies Inc.,
- Rochester Drug Cooperative, Inc.,
- Smith Drug Company
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- The Importance & Current State Of Drug Distribution Worldwide: A Review
- Special Focus on India, a Promising Global Pharma Powerhouse
- Substandard Drugs, an Urgent Challenge in the Supply Chain that Begs to be Addressed
- Pharmaceutical Thefts & Counterfeiting, A Persistent Challenge in Distribution That Eludes Resolution
- Online Pharmacies Growth Leads to Global Presence of Counterfeit Drugs
- Storming Into the Spotlight Is the Use of Blockchain in Fighting Counterfeiting of Drugs
- Serialization Emerges as an Another Weapon in the Arsenal to Battle Counterfeiting
- Rising Healthcare Costs Drives Attractiveness of e-Pharmacies
- Social Distancing Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic Accelerates the Viability & Indispensability of e-Pharmacies, Fast Forwarding Growth by Over 2 Years
- Aging Population, Rising Prevalence of Chronic Diseases & Ensuing Demand for Drugs & Medical Equipment Rank as Major Drivers of Growth in the Market
- Robust Demand for Pharmaceutical Drugs Drives Growth in the Market
- Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing, a Barometer of the Growing Demand & Production of Drugs
- Artificial Intelligence to Revolutionize Pharmaceutical Retailing
- As the World Ramps Up Production of COVID-19 Vaccines, Distribution Emerges Into the Spotlight
- As Mass Vaccination Drives Kick-in, Challenges in Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution Begin to Surface
- A Review of Vaccine Distribution Approach in the US
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 61
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tmsdg9
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900