DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Nanoclay – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Nanoclay Market to Reach $2.9 Billion by 2026
The global market for Nanoclay estimated at US$2 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$2.9 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 9% over the analysis period.
Growth in the global market is being driven by growing applications in aerospace and automotive applications and use in biomaterials, toiletries, pigments, medical & dyes, and paints. In automotive industry especially nanoclay composites can replace metal and steel parts to reduce weight of automobiles leading to improved efficiency and reduced carbon emissions.
Steady growth in automobile sales and production and growing activity in aerospace industry will therefore fuel demand prospects for nanoclays in the coming years. Rising demand from packaging and coating application is also expected to boost market opportunities for nanoclay materials given their high performance capabilities and hygienic nature.
The market is expected to receive a major growth stimulus from increasing applications in the medical industry. These nanoparticles are finding use in development of bones for patients experiencing bone damage or decay. Nanoclays offer a suitable option for drug delivery to treat several medical conditions.
The fast growing plastics industry is also fueling demand for nanomaterials, especially nanoclays which play a vital role in improving heat resistance, strength and flame retardancy of plastics. These materials are used for packing beverages, food and also automotive components. The market is gaining from emergence of organoclays, organically-modified nanoclays, as an effective hybrid organic/inorganic nanomaterial holding potential application as gas absorbent.
Smectite, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 9.9% CAGR to reach US$1.9 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Kaolinite segment is readjusted to a revised 8% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
This segment currently accounts for a 32.2% share of the global Nanoclay market. The sodium form of smectite, known as bentonite, is a commonly used water mud additive. Many applications and products from the cosmetics and agricultural industry, including cat litter producers preferably use natural forms of bentonites.
The adsorption properties of smectites allow them to adsorb natural organic compounds as well as herbicides and pesticides. Kaolinite is a layered silicate clay mineral which is produced from the chemical weathering of feldspar or other aluminum silicate minerals. Kaolin find use in ceramics, cosmetics, toothpaste, white incandescent light bulbs, industrial insulation material, paints, and adhesives among others.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $623.7 Million in 2022, While China is Forecast to Reach $292 Million by 2026
The Nanoclay market in the U.S. is estimated at US$623.7 Million in the year 2022. The country currently accounts for a 31.72% share in the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$292 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 11.5% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 7.6% and 8.3% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 8.1% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$329.8 Million by the end of the analysis period.
North America represents the largest market for nanoclays in terms of consumption and production, driven by rising demand in packaging and coating applications. Asia-Pacific is emerging as a major consumer of nanoclays owing to the low-cost production and availability of cheap labor, establishing the region as a prominent manufacturing hub globally. The regional market is propelled by rapid urbanization and spike in construction activity.
By End-Use, Packaging Segment to Reach $1.1 Billion by 2026
In food packaging applications, nanoclay are used to improve the mechanical as well barrier properties of the packaging. Nanoclays are used as a plastic additive in food packaging films or beverage bottles. In the global Packaging (End-Use) segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 9.4% CAGR estimated for this segment.
These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$524.3 Million will reach a projected size of US$970.8 Million by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$149.5 Million by the year 2026.
What`s New for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to the digital archives
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Impact on Nanotechnology Sector Remains Mixed
- Nanomaterials in the Spotlight for Addressing COVID-19 Challenges
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Industrial Applications Take a Hit as COVID-19 Evolves Into an Economic Crisis
- The Science Behind Nanotechnology
- Nanoclays: An Introduction
- Types Of Nanoclays
- End-Use Applications
- Market Outlook
- Challenges to Growth
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 83 Featured)
- American Elements
- BYK Additives & Instruments
- Desert Control
- Elementis Specialties Inc
- FCC Inc
- Kunimine Industries Co. Ltd
- Merck KGaA
- Minerals Technologies Inc
- RTP Company, Inc
- Techmer PM
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Novel Materials Research & Innovation Offers Platform for Growth
- Liquid NANOCLAY Emerges as Star Material to Tackle Desertification Issue & Push Agricultural Output
- Liquid NANOCLAY as a Game Changer
- Nanoclay Recipe for Soil Fertility
- Startups Enter the Fray
- Organoclays: An Emerging Category with Exciting Opportunities
- Nanoclays Help Overcome Material Limitations in Food Packaging Applications
- A Peek into Applications in Beverage Bottling
- Expanding Role of Nanoclay in Food and Beverage Industry
- Nanoclays Garner Attention to Improve the Biodegradability of Polymers
- Starch-Based Antibacterial Nanocomposites Hold Promise as Biodegradable Mulch Films
- Nanoclays Gain Spotlight for Potential Role in Biomedical Applications
- Select Developments
- Nanoclays Exude Immense Potential to Alter the Realm of Drug Delivery Mechanisms
- Nanoclay Flame Retardants Extend the Eco-Friendly Advantage
- Automotive Sector: Prominent Consumer of Nanoclay
- Relevance in Aerospace Sector
- Industry Reports Growing Interest in Smectite Clay Minerals
- Rise in Application & Importance of Nanoclay in Paints & Coatings
- Paints & Coatings Take Hit as Construction and Automotive Industries Reel Under the Pandemic
- Emerging Applications to Bolster the Market Prospects
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4tbfuf
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900