With 40% of women facing visible hair loss by age 40, Virtue created a breakthrough approach
90% of women tested saw new growth*
RALEIGH, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Virtue Labs, makers of the multi-award-winning biotech hair care brand Virtue®, announced today the launch of their new Flourish® product line specifically to target female hair loss and provide thicker, fuller, and healthier hair for all.
While traditionally considered a male problem, half of all women will suffer from hair loss in their lifetime, and 40% by the time they are 40 according to the American Academy of Dermatology. In fact, there are an estimated 30 million women in the United States suffering from hair loss, and the numbers continue to accelerate. To address this problem, Virtue took a holistic approach in creating this new line by focusing on scalp fertility and, also importantly, on hair fiber survival, with each product in the line powered by their exclusive, groundbreaking keratin protein complex Alpha Keratin 60ku CLINICAL®.
As the scalp is the starting point for hair growth, Virtue Flourish starts there too. Flourish products create a fertile environment for hair to grow by nourishing the microbiome, clearing the follicles, and strengthening the moisture barrier. Because new hair can only survive if it is nurtured and cared for, the Alpha Keratin 60ku CLINICAL nourishes new fragile hair as it emerges, increasing the strength and thickness of each new fiber. Independent clinical testing showed that after only five uses, Virtue Flourish with Alpha Keratin 60ku CLINICAL increased the thickness of individual hair strands by 22% and reduced hair breakage by 26%, thereby giving new hairs a better chance at survival.
“As a biotech brand born from regenerative medicine, Virtue has always gone where our technology has led us, and that is certainly true with Flourish. After launching our initial Virtue haircare line, we kept hearing from customers that their hair was growing faster or that they thought they could see new growth. That sent us on a three-year journey of discovery to see what our technology could do if we partnered it with other ingredients specifically to address this crucial problem,” said Melisse Shaban, Founder & CEO of Virtue Labs. “Hair loss is a silent epidemic that women are facing alone. With this launch we aim to provide truly efficacious products and to shatter the stigma of women’s hair loss with open conversation around this important topic.”
Virtue’s Flourish line features six products that can be purchased individually or within two three-step regimens. The Flourish Nightly Intensive Hair Growth Treatment Regimen ($134) is a three-month regimen for moderate to severe hair thinning and contains Minoxidil, the only single ingredient FDA-approved to help regrow hair in women. The Flourish Nightly Intensive Hair Rejuvenation Treatment Regimen ($134) is a 100% drug-free alternative that features Virtue’s new Density Booster to serve mild to moderate hair thinning and those seeking a more natural approach. The Flourish lineup includes:
- Flourish Shampoo for Thinning Hair ($42): A gentle, stimulating shampoo that delicately removes scalp buildup, cleanses the hair shaft, and clears debris from follicle openings, creating an environment for healthy growth.
- Flourish Conditioner for Thinning Hair ($44): A lightweight conditioner that serves as a hair strengthener, hydrator, and detangler all in one. Specifically developed for fine, fragile strands, it nourishes and thickens each hair without weighing it down.
- Flourish Density Booster ($48): A potent, botanical-based, drug-free nutrient infusion for the scalp, the Density Booster works while you sleep to fuel fatigued follicles and nurture new, fragile hairs so they thrive. For those seeking a more natural solution.
- Flourish Volumizing Styler ($42): The all-you-need styler for fine, fragile hair, this airy, lightweight formula provides instant body, bounce, and hold, creating the illusion of density even in the thinnest parts.
- Minoxidil 5% ($28): Used by millions, this is the only single ingredient FDA approved to help regrow hair in women. The nightly application works while you sleep to reactivate the hair follicles and stimulate regrowth.
- Flourish x Manta Brush ($32): Virtue partnered with U.K. based Manta to offer this uniquely designed brush created specifically for fragile hair. The revolutionary Manta brush bends and molds to the shape of your hand and scalp, creating less tension on each strand. Its flexible bristles glide responsively through the hair, minimizing breakage and restoring a youthful, silky shine.
Virtue Flourish products have been tested through an independent lab on real women under real conditions, and 97% said their scalp feels healthier, 90% said they had more volume and 90% said they saw new growth*.
“Traditionally, hair loss products have been difficult to use, and often harsh on the hair, so women give up before seeing results. Virtue Flourish begins immediately to improve the health and appearance of her existing hair, so that she loves the way she looks while she’s growing more,” Shaban said. “We’re excited to present this innovation to women in their search for solutions to their hair loss or thinning.”
Virtue Flourish is available for purchase on virtueflourish.com and will be available in select Bluemercury stores and on Dermstore.com starting in April 2021.
* Consumer perception results after 6 months of Virtue Flourish® Regimen use. Hair growth was seen to be healthier.
About Virtue Labs:
Virtue Labs manufactures and markets innovative, technology-based solutions for the health of hair that provide visible, transformational results. Its proprietary, patented hero ingredient, Alpha Keratin 60ku®, is keratin in its purest, native form – whole, unbroken and fully functional. It is the only fully functional, human-identical keratin protein on the market today, and it is found in each of the company’s Virtue® haircare products. Virtue Labs is based in Raleigh, NC, with a technology manufacturing facility in Winston-Salem, NC. For more information please visit: www.virtuelabs.com.
Sarah Agate / Lede Company
Andrea Ryhal / Lede Company