DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment market was valued at USD 4,164.7 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 5,373.4 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.76%, during the period of 2021-2026
- KLA Corporation
- Applied Materials Inc.
- Onto Innovation Inc. (Rudolph Technologies Inc.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Hitachi High-Tech Corporation
- Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd
- ASML Holding NV
- Lasertec Corporation
- JEOL Ltd.
- Nikon Metrology NV
- Camtek Limited
Key Market Trends
Lithography Metrology Expected to Witness Significant Growth in the Market
- With the continuous transitions, such as miniaturization of nodes and wafer sizes, the growth in demand for increasing wafer sizes for ultra-large-scale integration fabrication technology has fostered the growth of lithography metrology equipment. In addition, a critical dimension scanning electron microscope (CD-SEM) is used for measuring the dimensions of the patterns formed on the wafer; the device is used as part of the manufacturing lines of electronic devices. Presently, CD-SEM has been witnessing significant demand, owing to the semiconductor production process.
- Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment vendors are increasingly innovating their offerings to enable miniaturization and reduce lithography wavelength. For instance, ASML’s EUV lithography uses light with a wavelength of 13.5 nanometres, declining nearly 14 times that of other enabling lithography solutions.
- Additionally, Market Vendors are increasingly developing advanced CD measurement techniques and services to cater to the increasing demand from the industry to move toward the miniaturization requirements. For instance, In June 2021, EV Group (EVG), a supplier of wafer bonding and lithography equipment for the MEMS, nanotechnology, and semiconductor markets, announced EVG Step-and-Repeat (S&R) Mastering Shop, a new service offering to help customers accelerate the deployment of nanoimprint lithography (NIL) in high-volume manufacturing.
- Furthermore, In March 2021, ASML and Heriot-Watt University in Scotland agreed on a five-year partnership to commercialize new laser sources to create a direct route to market for lasers in lithography metrology applications.
Asia-Pacific Expected to Witness Significant Growth in the Market
- Asia-Pacific is one of the prominent regions for the semiconductor industry in regards to manufacturing and usage. According to SIA, Asia Pacific is the largest regional semiconductor market, and China is the largest single-country market.
- Many companies in the region are entering into collaborations and partnerships in the semiconductor metrology/inspection equipment market. For instance, In July 2021, Shenzhen JT Automation Equipment, a Chinese chip production tool manufacturer, announced a legally binding five-year memorandum of understanding with Huawei’s HiSilicon Technologies business. Both firms aim to expand their semiconductor packaging tool development partnership and create a self-sufficient and regulated industry.
- The Region is witnessing with development and innovation in the Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market. For instance, In November 2020, Hitachi High-Tech Corporation announced the high-speed defect review SEM*1 CR7300. The CR7300 is a new model of review SEM that will contribute to the productivity improvement in the manufacturing of semiconductor devices. It is based on electron optics that allow the acquisition of the best high-resolution images. At the same time, advanced imaging and stage systems enable high-speed image acquisition in half of the time compared to conventional methods, significantly reducing total inspection time.
- Further, in October 2020, Canon has announced the launch of the FPA-3030i5a, the newest entry in the company’s lineup of i-line1 stepper semiconductor lithography systems that support the manufacture and inspection. The FPA-3030i5a semiconductor lithography system is designed to process small substrates of 8 inches or less. In addition, it supports silicon wafers and compound semiconductor materials such as SiC (silicon carbide) and GaN (gallium nitride).
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Demand for High Performance, Low-cost Semiconductors
5.1.2 Increasing Demand for Semiconductor Wafers in Consumer Electronics
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Setup Cost and Lack of Expertise in Handling Metrology Systems Efficiently
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.2 By Geography
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/eo0t5g
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900