Today, 89% of board directors acknowledge the importance of technology in business growth, yet only 35% have made significant progress in their digital transformation goals, according to Gartner.
Virtual board software plays a key role in this digital shift, offering a secure and convenient platform for meetings, collaboration, and task tracking. It helps to simplify the board management processes and enhance decision-making.
One of the solutions boards from all over the world use is iDeals Board Portal. Let’s explore what features it offers and how your organization can benefit from it.
What is a board portal?
A board portal, also known as board management software, is a secure digital space for administrators and board directors to access meeting materials, communicate, and fulfill governance responsibilities.
Today, board portals are rapidly replacing traditional in-person meetings. The shift can be explained by the numerous advantages board management software offers. They are well-described in the Verizon Conferencing study. Here are several key findings:
- 37% of employee time is spent in meetings
- There are 11 million business meetings every day
- Busy professionals attend over 60 meetings each month
- An in-person meeting involving plane travel is nearly three times as costly as a videoconference
- In-person meetings demand over three times the time commitment (about 53 hours) compared to video conference meetings
These figures emphasize the essential role of board portals in enhancing boards’ efficiency and reducing costs. And if you’re looking for a reliable board management software provider, iDeals Board Portal can surely be the right choice. Let’s see why.
What are the key features of iDeals Board Portal?
iDeals virtual boardroom offers plenty of features that simplify and enhance the work of board members, secretaries, and management teams. They can be divided into three categories.
1. Before a meeting
Here’s how iDeals board portal software can help you before the meetings:
- Agenda creation. Create, organize, edit, and update agendas. Use templates to streamline the process and save time.
- Board materials distribution. Securely manage and distribute agendas and supporting materials among board members. Share information beforehand, enhancing meeting preparation.
- Invitation management. Send and manage invitations, coordinate participant attendance, streamline communication, and ensure timely notifications for a seamless meeting experience.
2. During a meeting
The following features are very helpful when you need to collaborate with board members during meetings:
- Meeting conduct. Conduct in-person meetings and remote discussions through written consent using the web or mobile app. Encourage collaboration and participation for a more dynamic and effective meeting experience.
- Voting and approval. Cast votes, make approvals, or raise objections within the platform. This streamlines decision-making processes during meetings or even in between meetings through electronic voting.
- Action item management. Create tasks, assign due dates, and specify responsible participants in a few clicks.
3. After a meeting
Once a meeting is over, use the following tools:
- Task management. Monitor task performance progress, send automatic reminders, ask and answer questions, and collaborate with other users.
- Secure ongoing access. Provide ongoing and secure access to all meeting-related materials, decisions, and actions.
- Automated meeting minutes. Simplify administrative tasks by automating the creation of meeting minutes. This feature captures key decisions and action items, generating a concise record of the online board meeting.
What are the advantages of iDeals Board Portal?
Here’s how organizations benefit from using the iDeals Board Portal:
- Time and cost savings. Since iDeals board management software is a paperless meeting solution, it significantly reduces the time and expenses associated with traditional, paper-based processes. In the US, state and local agencies found potential savings of as much as $41.6 million, and federal organizations identified around $25 million in potential savings.
- Enhanced security. iDeals prioritizes security through features such as end-to-end encryption, multi-factor authentication, granular user permissions, and audit trails. These measures ensure that sensitive board materials are protected from unauthorized access.
- Exceptional client support. Another thing iDeals’ customers really appreciate is its professional and always-available customer support. Its response time is several minutes via a phone and just a few seconds via a chat.
- Accessibility. iDeals ensures easy access to board materials and collaboration tools through its mobile app. Stay in touch with fellow board members from anywhere in the world!
- User-friendliness. The solution’s intuitive interface allows even less tech-savvy users to seamlessly integrate the platform into their daily tasks. The system is so straightforward that no prior training is required.
To see how the solution works, book a free demo by contacting the company’s representative. You can also test the platform yourself and check if it suits your needs by using a free trial.