Fi911, the sister company of Chargebacks911, has launched a new micro-mentorship program to empower female leadership across the thriving fintech and payments arena. LIFT: Elevating Women in Fintech aims to champion and enable more women to seize opportunities across the sector.
Eaton-Cardone continues, “We often hear about the benefits of mentorship, but many find it unattainable. Especially in an industry where there is such gender disparity – women currently only make up 7% of fintech startup founders – it can be difficult to find female mentors. On the other hand, influential women are often stretched to take on as many mentorships as they would like. That’s why we chose this format for LIFT.”
Women seeking mentors are asked to identify the challenge they are facing – such as navigating a difficult conversation or transitioning into a new role – and can choose a preferred mentor to speak to. After submitting a request, a virtual meeting is arranged, and mentors use the discussion to understand their unique situation and ensure they walk away with specific, actionable advice.
Applications are now open for leaders interested in joining the program as a mentor. The founding mentors represent a group of women in various positions of influence across finance and technology industries, and include:
- Andrea Dunlop, Managing Director of the Payment Division, The Access Group
- Angela Yore, Co-Founder & Managing Director, SkyParlour
- Becky Clements, Director of Payments, UK Finance
- Denise Gee, Co-Founder & MD, findexable
- Marion King, Director of Payments, NatWest
- Monica Eaton-Cardone, Co-Founder & COO, Chargebacks911 & Fi911
- Sondra Fienberg, Global Workload Lead-Fraud, Microsoft
- Tracy Cray, Head of Card Scheme Compliance, Chargebacks911 & Fi911
Between finding the appropriate mentor-mentee fit, to maintaining the relationship over time, traditional mentoring is a significant commitment on both sides. Micro-mentoring allows for greater flexibility and a broader reach by pairing mentees with the right professionals to coach them through specific pressure points as they arise.