The finance industry is undergoing an unprecedented period of disruption as a result of digital innovation. From mobile money and online lending platforms to bitcoin and the blockchain, a range of new products and players will create new opportunities to better serve customers.
In Latin America, where according to the World Bank, only 51% of adults have a bank account, the impact of this disruption can be revolutionary. The opportunity to give millions of people and SMEs better access to short and long-term financing would close a huge economic gap while giving business leaders the capacity to build smarter companies. But in a region that favours traditional financial services firms and suffers from frequent financial fraud, scaling the opportunity of fintech will have its challenges. It will require smarter regulation and a culture that embraces collaboration among both incumbents and startups.
What does this all mean for traditional financial service providers and the wider economy? What are the strategies that they should embrace to avoid falling victim to the forces of creative destruction? Which are the upstart companies to watch, in Latin America and beyond? And what needs to be done to prepare for and enable this digital finance revolution?
Finance Disrupted LATAM will bring together financial industry leaders, investors, entrepreneurs and policymakers who are immersed in the future of fintech and how it can help drive inclusive growth in Latin America. We will look at the future of the finance sector five years from now and examine how incumbents and startups can disrupt existing business models to ignite economic growth in the region.
As a reader of Fintech News, save 15% from the current ticket price with the following discount code when checking out: FintechNews15
The Economist Events offers a truly global perspective on a country’s place in the world and its future outlook. With the newspaper’s characteristic clarity and wit, these summits offer fresh and challenging perspectives on the opportunities for the region.
Join the conference and you will:
- Network with more than 250 policymakers, senior business leaders, entrepreneurs and leading thinkers
- Engage in a day of high-level discussions around the future of the financial services industry as a result of digital disruption
- Join like-minded organizations invested in defining the future of fintech
Who should attend?
- Chief financial officers
- Chief information security officers
- Chief technology officers
- Chief strategy officers
- Heads/directors of banking and financial technology
- Heads/directors of strategy and risk
- Heads/directors of product and innovation
- Heads/directors of technology and IT
Testimonials from past conferences:
- “Excellent learning experience. Big opportunity to contrast points of view.” – Asesores del Milenio
- “Great mix of panelists, different from the usual FinTech circuits. Good balance of industry, background and seniority.” – Capital One
- “Finance Disrupted provided another year of important insight, healthy debate and an invaluable look into the future.” – FTI Consulting
- “Very informative, good content, good speakers, good connectivity.” – PwC
More information here.
Join the conversation on Twitter: @EconomistEvents via #FinanceDisrupted